WiiWare May 12th!!!

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by nintyuser, Feb 20, 2008.

1. nintyuser macrumors newbie

Well the big N finally announced a release date for Wiiware!!! :D And for Wii Fit which is not that exciting.(In terms of it being rumored for so long coming out in spring) Anyways, any thoughts? I mean the main problem is that in Japan it's next month, it's only Wednesday which means maybe tomorrow or Friday something will maybe be talked about with external storage of some sort?? Also downloadable content is promised by activision for Guitar Hero 3 in the first quarter. Any thoughts on any of this? Also so far nothing on the U.S. or Europe on Everybody's Nintendo Channel too :(

Here's the links

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2007/12/10/wii_guitar_hero_3_getting_dlc_fixed_sound/1

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3166397

2. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

May?

Thats seem SO far off

I need to hold me until Brawl, not after Brawl is out!

3. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Nintendo's spacing seems very poor here.

March, Smash Bros. April, Mario Kart. March...Wii Ware launches on the 12th and will probably have a small torrent of launch games, and Wii Fit comes out only 7 days after Wii Ware?

It'd be smart to spread out those launches a little or at least have Wii Fit come first.

And where is Smash Bros on Virtual Console?

I feel ya :( I played another 5 hours of Brawl today...can't wait for the next time I play it.

4. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

5. nintyuser thread starter macrumors newbie

Well I don't think Nintendo's giving out the SDK to anyone. But like apple with the touch and iphone is only giving the SDK for Wiiware to certain select game developer's and that's it for now as what it looks like. I'm almost temped to call nintendo and ask if I could buy one and how much a SDK is. I remember somewhere that it's around 2,000 dollars. I might be wrong on that.

6. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

I thought WiiWare was supposed to be Nintendos answer to Microsofts XNA.

7. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

If Nintendo approves absolute SH I T like this for their DS and now the Wii, than it's safe to say they do give the SDK out ot anyone. :eek: Those games are a complete contradiction to the first sentence under their Developer Qualifications terms.

I know that these peeps got a SDK just on an idea -- how is popping bubbles innovative? :eek: At least give me a stick. :eek:

I have my hopes up and my fingers crossed, because of BBC's comments last year, where as they mentioned that anyone with programming experience and a PC could develop for WiiWare -- that's me. :)

I know that the Wii dev kit is $2,500. I would need one for final testing, but just to have the official SDK to tinker with on my PC would be great.

I thought Apple was finally making the Touch/iPhone SDK available this month?

<]=)

8. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

You could always move to Europe and wait an extra 6 - 12 months :eek:

9. Antares macrumors 68000

Antares

Then let's hope Brawl gets delayed until June or July.

After reading the interview with Reggie on IGN, yesterday, I actually somewhat excited about Wii Fit and the balance board.

10. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Please die.

I've always been excited for the Wii Balance Board since I tried it last July. Brawl is amazing though, having played it. And there's no reason to delay a completed game.

If anything I think they should swap the release dates of Wii Fit and Wii Ware. Release Wii Ware the week after Wii Fit instead of the other way around.

11. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

Europe gets WiiFit and Mario Kart before the US, grrrr!

12. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

In all fairness Elf Bowling was on DS as well. But EW.

If crap like that can be released why can't we get Tormishire on Wii Ware?

13. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

I mentioend that it was on the DS in the very first sentence, right next to it being on the Wii. I know that my grammar can be poor, but how could you miss that. :p

I'm assuming that just the thought of that game caused temporary blindness. :)

Nintendo confuses me. I asked them about getting their GBA SDK at E3 a few years ago, before I knew about their dev site, and all they would tell me, is that it takes lots of money and time -- duh. Then a few years later I see the above mentioned diarrhea; Go figure!

<]=)