Wild Hogs + Apple?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Tumeg101, Sep 23, 2007.

1. Tumeg101 macrumors 6502a

Tumeg101

I was just watching the movie "Wild Hogs" and I noticed the extremely noticeable, apple advertisements within the first 10 minutes of the movie.
    Within 5 minutes, they showed 2 different MacBook Pro's, not in the corner of the screen... right in the middle, zoomed in (to see the guy using it, but still showing the apple on the MBP) Then they had a guy with a laptop you could talk to(so you can tell it what to do), and it's name(the laptops name) was "Mac"
    Then later in the movie (about 5 more minutes) one of the main characters, got a tattoo of the old Apple logo (the colorful one) and it wasn't something that you just noticed on his arm, he went up and was like "I got a tat" and he showed it right there, in the middle of the screen... And this tattoo was shown perfectly clear, over 3 times in the movie...

After seeing just the first part of this movie, you know Apple was sponsoring the movie...
    And I was just reading a thread about how apple is appearing less and less in movies nowadays...
    Any comments?

2. iMacZealot macrumors 68020

I wouldn't necessarily say that Apple sponsored the movie. It's more of that Hollywood is a Mac town. In the cinema and on television, most computers shown are Macs. I don't think Apple really sponsors these productions; it's just that everybody in Hollywood uses them.

3. Stampyhead macrumors 68020

Stampyhead

In fact, the reason you see a lot of Macs on TV shows with the Apple logo covered up is that Apple refuses to pay for product placement. So I highly doubt Apple would sponsor a movie, especially one as stupid as that one was.

4. shu82 macrumors 6502a

shu82

Steve used "wild hogs" in a demo not too long ago.

Steve Jobs = largest shareholder of Disney(after the Pixar buyout) = CEO of Apple = Lots of Macs in Disney movies.

Not too much of a head scratcher there

5. lanray macrumors regular

also in "Fracture"

I just watched this movie last night, and there were at least 2 Macs in it, if not more. In a way, this kind of stuff makes me mad. Remember when you used to be able to watch a movie and only feel a little bit manipulated? That being said, Talladega Nights was pretty funny at the prayer scene.