Will 1.1.3 break my unlock?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by stevehp, Feb 1, 2008.

1. stevehp macrumors 6502

Hi All,

I seem to see conflicting reports on m.r. and around the web.

I have an out-of-the-box 1.1.1 iPhone - Jailbroken and Unlocked using anySIM.

Will upgrading to 1.1.3 break my unlock? What is the best guide to follow? Is it safe to do so now or should I still wait a few weeks?

Thanks!

2. adamsweeting macrumors regular

I'm pretty sure as long as you go down the jailbreak instal route you'll be ok, as they don't mess with the baseband.

If you upgrade via iTunes, then obviously you're knackered as the baseband get updated.

I'm waiting for things to become a bit more stable... From what I've read there seems to be glitches here and there, some people have it working fine - but I am certainly sitting back for a couple of weeks.

3. jeffmc macrumors 6502

4. stevehp thread starter macrumors 6502

Obviously I would be doing it through the jailbreaking route and not iTunes :) Just to be clear

Thanks!

5. jeffmc macrumors 6502

even still, the 1.1.3 baseband (04.03.13_G) is not able to be soft-unlocked at this time.

6. stevehp thread starter macrumors 6502

but my phone is already unlocked...Sorry, I don't understand this baseband business! :)

7. adamsweeting macrumors regular

As far as I know doing the jailbreak method doesn't touch the baseband. So your baseband is untouched.

8. jeffmc macrumors 6502

on an upgrade or a restore your baseband gets upgraded as well

9. Ryan1524 macrumors 68000

Ryan1524

According to Hackintosh's guide, which is for the 'Official 1.1.3 Upgrader', the baseband is still of that from 1.1.2 (4.02.xx), so it should still work with SIM-masking techniques. I just bit the bullet and initiated the upgrade. Will let you know if I'll be spending my weekend enjoying 1.1.3 or hacking my iPhone back to 1.1.2. ;)

10. stevehp thread starter macrumors 6502

thanks a lot :)

I just want to make sure there is a way back if I mess up.

I also worry once 1.1.4 comes out, I'm safer still on 1.1.1 because I'll want all the legit 3rd Party SDK goodness.