Will 16Gb 3G be available on Friday in UK

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Monty Pavement, Jul 9, 2008.

1. Monty Pavement macrumors regular

Sorry if this has been covered before (I did a quick search but couldn't find a definitive answer), but as the date of launch gets closer, and more specific details are coming out of O2, have we got confirmation that the 16Gb 3G model will be launched in the UK on Friday in O2 stores?

There were rumours it would just the be 8Gb model, but it looks like folk who managed to pre-order will be getting the 16Gb model if they ordered it.

I might be willing to pop along to a store on Friday morning if I know there's half a chance of getting a 16Gb, but not if there's no chance!

Oh, I'm an upgrader who got their v1 from Carphone Warehouse - presumably CW just sold me the contact with O2, and I'm not tied into them - i.e. I can upgrade at an O2 store?

2. Kerching macrumors member

There are meant to be two different allocations.

Ie the Online store got X iPhones and the Stores will get Y.

By that i mean that they will not be robbing Peter to pay Paul in terms of orders. So in theory yes 16Gb should be available in the stores.

3. Gamst macrumors regular

Gamst

Are we still getting mixed answers from o2? Just yesterday, shops were saying 'maybe' and 'no'.

It'll be annoying if there are non on friday, when they let online customers get a number of 16GB whilst the rest of us had to work! :-(