Will 2.0 support Exchange + personal accts simultaneously?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by smdewart, Jul 9, 2008.

1. smdewart macrumors newbie

From Walt Mossberg's WSJ review today:

While you can have both personal and Exchange email accounts on the new iPhone, if you synchronize with Exchange calendars and contacts, your personal calendar and contacts are erased.​

I've heard some say that all this means is you must combine your business and personal contacts, but how does this work with Mobile Me? If you sync via Exchange, will Mobile Me be useless and inoperable?

Also, what does this mean for additional (personal) email accounts? Say, if I set up my Exchange account, which obviously will be syncing to Outlook on my PC, will my Gmail account not sync as well?

This could be a HUGE dealbreaker for me and many others who are hoping to use this thing as a BlackBerry replacement.

2. spank2223 macrumors member

I was going to post a thread on this also. This is a great question and would help me out also. man I sure hope this isnt true.

3. theotherrogue macrumors regular

"Mobile Me" works in essentially the same way as exchange, so I assume it will work like this:

While you can have both personal and Mobile Me email accounts on the new iPhone, if you synchronize with Mobile Me calendars and contacts, your personal calendar and contacts are erased.

4. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

USA Today says the Exchange/personal thing doesn't affect MobileMe users. If it's a deal breaker you should wait until people have played with it at the weekend.

5. WPB2 macrumors 6502a

WPB2

Hells yeah, You should be able to support as many email addresses as you have, just like crackberry.

6. ginguar macrumors regular

From what i've read you can still have many email accounts but the contacts and calendars are only through exchange or I assume MobileMe if you use one of thoes

7. MojoWill macrumors 6502

why don't people search there is already another thread talking about this

th_tha70c54f8.gif

8. theotherrogue macrumors regular

Also, on Windows Mobile phones, you can individually choose what parts of your Exchange account sync (email, calendar, contacts). I assume the same options are present on the iPhone 2.0?

9. Fuchal macrumors 68020

yes

10. vi2867 macrumors 6502

vi2867

I am hoping it will work as follows:

Mobile Me email account, and exchange account

Mobile Me Calendar and exchange calendar

Mobile Me addressbook and exchange addressbook

I hope you don't have to combine or overwrite either one.

I like to keep my personal and business seperate...