Will 2 watches work/mirror each other?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Clint1583, Jun 5, 2019.

1. Clint1583 macrumors regular

My wife has a 1st generation Apple Watch which see wears everyday including her daily running. I bought her a new 4th generation one today for her Bday.

She asked if it was possible to wear the old watch for running and simply use the new one the rest of the time so she doesn’t have to deal with cleaning it off all the time. The issue for her is that she tracks her daily exercise on the watch and we’re not sure if two watches connected to the same account will work together, meaning mirror the same readings on both watches.

Has anyone used two watches and noticed if readings/statistics carry over to the other watch?

2. andylel macrumors newbie

My wife and I both have two watches each. The activity statistics do indeed carryover between them and they both read exactly the same.

3. nicho macrumors 68020

The series 4 and WatchOS5 is way better than a 1st gen apple watch for tracking activity/runs. While it will sync activity two ways... it's probably worth the effort to run it under a tap for 10 seconds when she's done and jsut forget about the old watch.

4. perezr10 macrumors 6502a

If she carries her iPhone while she runs the accuracy will be the same.

5. nicho macrumors 68020

Of distance, yes. Of heart rate tracking, for example, nope. There are things her new S4 is capable of measuring that the S0 is not.