Will 2009 15" MBP LCD/Guts fit into 2010 Display Case/Housing

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Nasty275ss, Jun 7, 2014.

1. Nasty275ss macrumors member

Simple, I can't find any 2009 Display Back Case's around in stock, my frame cracked on mine and I have the anti Glare LCD etc. so all I want is the Display Housing, Simple Question, will the 2010 work, because thats all I can find in stock, I notice there is only one hole at the top of 2010 vs. 3 holes on 2009, Ive MIG welded the one side of the frame which worked but now the other side broke and I just want a new/used one, any insight would be appreciated whether I can make a 2010 housing work, even if I must buy 2010 parts (wifi, cables, etc.)

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I don't anyone has tried it, so you'll not get a definitive answer. If I were a betting man, I'd say it would not fit.

The only way to tell, is to try it and report back. Depending on your level of expertise it may be something that is feasible. I personally lack the ability to customize stuff like that so I know it would not work in my case :)

3. Nasty275ss thread starter macrumors member

I could have sworn I saw somewhere on here once where they said 2009s and 2010s can be swapped but Idk where that was, yes I am able to customize anything I touch and weld and glue and cut lol, but none of that is worth a damn if the wires and such won't hook up, so I guess Ill try it out, and it sucks too, I just got rid of a 2010, so I could have checked it but of course I sold it.

4. Nasty275ss thread starter macrumors member

Anybody know whether this will work? Im going to try it out.