Will 2011 iMac be discounted with 2012 comes out?

jayes

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 11, 2011
I have been following the front page reports of the upcoming announcement of the 2012 iMac. I did a conversion on the AUS dollar and if my conversion is accurate, the 2012 iMac 21.5" will be about $1300+. I am not familiar with Apple pricing, but given prior histories, will the 2011 model go down in price when the new model is released, or is the increase in price of the 2012 model enough of a difference to clear out the older models? I would like to buy a second 2011 model. I have one already and it is just fine for my needs. So from those who have been around a while and know, does an iMac price go down when the new model comes out like with the new ipad?

mcpix

macrumors 6502
May 13, 2005
My experience has been that there are two phases when new models are released. First, the previous model shows up under the clearance section at a discounted price. This same model is also usually on the refurbished store at a lower price. Finally after a couple of months, you will see the new models on the refurbished store and the previous model will be discounted again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.