Will 32GB be Enough?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by fob, Sep 11, 2015.

1. fob macrumors member

fob

They pulled the same crap on the big iPad like 16GB for the iPhone. Consider optimized apps will be bigger, and potential software updates down the road to befit the "pro" moniker, 64 would be an ideal starting point and they knew it so they pulled a quick one as always. Will 32 be enough for you? Will you put up with their crap or sit this one out for...3d touch?

2. Sarah Jones 799 macrumors member

Sarah Jones 799

Depends on your usage. I going to wait for iPad pro 2

3. Apples n' Stone macrumors 6502a

Apples n' Stone

Well, no matter what the base model is these threads will always exist. 64GB Base model is far too small. @AustinIllini we called it. (Dictionary: 32GB OUTRAGE, THE)

4. Commy1 macrumors 6502a

Commy1

32GB is definitely not enough for what I want, I'm going to jump on 128GB.

5. pat500000 Suspended

pat500000

There's a reason why they started 32gb as a base model. It's probably because some future apps may take up lot of space.

6. Floris macrumors 68020

Floris

I've had 16GB iPhone4 and 16GB iPad2, and it was enough for a while, after 2 years I found myself deleting big big games just to get space to take pictures and videos, it felt like it wasn't enough.

I now have 32GB iPhone5s and 64gb iPad Air 2, a worthy upgrade. And the 32GB iPhone5s has the same content - if not more - than my old iPhone4 on it. And it feels like it's 64GB. Who knows what my opinion is in 2 years from now, but the last 2 years of iPhone 5s with just 32GB storage ... I've always had more than 10GB free space. Never had any issues. That said, I play the games I play, and I know I can just re-download stuff from the cloud if required. And I use DropBox Pro, media gets recorded, edited, organised and then uploaded, backed up, and I clean up the devices again.

So in my use-case, 32GB is more than plenty, I feel no need for more. I'd love 256GB on both though WINK WINK

7. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed. Apple could put in 1 TB and still people would complain.

8. Mivo macrumors regular

Mivo

32 GB wouldn't work for me, just going by how I use the Air 2. 64 GB is sufficient for me, though if I get a pro, I may go for 128 GB. But strictly concerning "need", I usually have 25-ish GB free on my 64 GB devices.

9. wksj macrumors member

16GB is more than enough for me right now. However, that doesn't mean I'm happy with it since Galaxy phones now start at 32GB.

10. JAT macrumors 603

I have 32GB Air right now, it's not enough. Jumping to 128 in some newer iPad. (although I'm annoyed there isn't an Air 3 with Pro-like specs) And I don't even take pics/videos with the thing, but I do want to occasionally download them from various sources, and this just isn't cutting it.

11. IJBrekke macrumors 6502

It's all a usage question. I have a 32gb mini that has zero music, pictures, or video stored on it. Without those things I've never come close to filling it and it has suited my needs. I have all of that other content on both my phone and laptop, so I'm satisfied.

12. Mystro macrumors 6502

Mystro

I am going with 128gb. 64gb is the minimum for all new devices IMO.

13. sracer macrumors 603

sracer

It's not the same thing. Considering the audience and use cases that the iPad Pro is aiming at, 32GB is no different than 16GB for the iPhone and non-Pro iPad so the "outrage" is relative to the device. It isn't of the "no matter what the minimum storage model is there will be complaints" vein.