Will 3G buttons fit on 2G?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by zackkmac, May 26, 2009.

1. zackkmac macrumors 6502a

Hi guys, I'm wanting to know if the volume rocker and vibrate switch from the 3G iPhone will fit on a 2G. They look about the same, at least the volume rocker does. I'm planning to buy a black housing and gold bezel to change the look of my phone and I think that the chrome buttons will make it even better.

Thanks

2. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

If the insides are the same size, then yes they should fit. If they aren't, they might, or they might not.

3. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

I think I read somewhere that the way the inside of the iPhone 3G is designed is different than the original. The inner parts might not be assembled the same way so the buttons probably won't fit.

4. zackkmac thread starter macrumors 6502a

If I could find some close-up pictures then I might be able to tell...but I'm going by the ones I see that are included with the housings sold on eBay and the volume rocker looks to be the same size. It could be a millimeter off or so and that might make a difference. Or I could probably find some way to chrome my buttons themselves? Also thinking about painting my bezel on its own rather than buying a $35 gold one off eBay.