Will 4670 run smoothly in new Mac OS 10.7?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by vslo, Oct 13, 2010.

1. vslo macrumors regular

Ok,
    I just bought a 21,5" imac with the stock HD 4670 ? Will there be a very big demand in the OS graphics ? Or Will it run as smooooooth as it does now ?

I am making this question because I used to own a late 2009 mac mini and the graphics were so sluggish! When I bought this iMac I could't believe how smooth it was and I don't want to lose it !

And, if there will be a major OS new tool, could you guys guess what it would be ?

Thank you !

2. rkaufmann87 macrumors 68000

rkaufmann87

Sorry there is absolutely no way to tell unless Apple releases specifics (unlikely) or they just release 10.7 so we can all examine it's specifications.

Sit tight and don't worry about it, at this writing nothing has been announced about 10.7.

3. vslo thread starter macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; pt-br) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

The Next week event will probably be about The 10.7, among other stuff.

4. Warbitrary macrumors regular

If this can reassure you, my 4.5 years old iMac, which has a dedicated graphics card, runs Snow Leopard with no lag. Since the 4670 is a dedicated card and your iMac is new, I'm pretty sure 10.7 will be silky smooth.

No way to know for sure until 10.7 is released.

5. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Zero info about OS X 10.7 so far so impossible to say for sure. However, ATI 4670 is more powerful than any GPU in laptops so it should be just fine unless Apple aims 10.7 for Mac Pro (impossible)

6. AAPLaday Guest

AAPLaday

You will be fine. Its the people with integrated intel graphics that should be a lil nervous id say

7. PurrBall macrumors 6502a

PurrBall

I'm going to say if your card supports OpenCL, Apple actually cares about it and you shouldn't need to worry.

8. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

It does

http://www.apple.com/macosx/specs.html