Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

engaged44

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 10, 2011
will 5.0 be jailbroken? if you think it will how long do you think it would be after release?

i really want 5.0 but i also want to keep mywi and my3g...

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
It'll be jailbroken right away, but it'll be a tethered jailbreak for everything except the old bootrom 3Gs. The iPad 2 and iPhone 5 and iPod Touch 5 will not be jailbroken right away.

awadeee

macrumors 68020
Jan 21, 2011
Canada
We'll definitely see tethered first. I really hope the iPhone 5 isn't hard to jailbreak like the iPad 2. :(

iFiend

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2011
The betas have already been jailbroken (tethered), so the answer to this is obviously yes.

The "answer is obviously yes" for current A-4 devices, because limera1n has pwned them for life. iPhone 5 - different story

kuwxman

macrumors 6502a
Jul 25, 2009
Kansas City
The "answer is obviously yes" for current A-4 devices, because limera1n has pwned them for life. iPhone 5 - different story
Its a different story only because we don't know how it will be jailbroken on the next gen iPhone. It WILL be jailbroken though, the only question is how long with it take?

edit: My guess is iOS5 on the next gen iPhone/iPad will be jailbroken in less than a week after release. ;) 2-3 days is my gut feeling.

engaged44

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 10, 2011
Its a different story only because we don't know how it will be jailbroken on the next gen iPhone. It WILL be jailbroken though, the only question is how long with it take?

edit: My guess is iOS5 on the next gen iPhone/iPad will be jailbroken in less than a week after release. ;) 2-3 days is my gut feeling.

i hope so cause i still want to use mywi and all my jailbroken apps and i want ios5 lol

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.