Will 512 Kbps Internet Speed Able To Make Facetime Call Clear Talk

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iphonetoday, Jun 26, 2011.

1. iphonetoday macrumors regular

hi all , if internet speed 512 Kbps able to make facetime call in iphone/ipodtouch good ?

i'm concerning my friend oversea using low internet speed , they won't make face ft call good quality hearing when calling to usa

thanks

2. flipster macrumors 6502a

Download doesn't really matter here, it's upload speed. What is his upload speed?

3. iphonetoday thread starter macrumors regular

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Quality won't be that great and it might skip and freeze at times but still doable.

5. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

I’ve used 3G speeds of around that to make Facetime calls with no problems.

6. iphonetoday thread starter macrumors regular

i don't know , but when i visit overthere connect my iphone to his wifi i go to cydia and installous connect fast ? also i was make skype call to us on that day no problem

don't know if he got ipod touch will that work facetime for him , that what he asking me to asking someone pro

thanks

7. iphonetoday thread starter macrumors regular

1 more thing , he make skype from his pc talk to my iphone 4 and i was using skype same like him but in iphone , i can hear he very clear , but when i talk on my iphone 4 with 20 mbps speed , over there sometime skipping word i talk ,

the point is , oversea internet work fast for overthere , just like some domain site overthere when entering fast loading , but in usa entering slow loading ,

so , will his internet ok make face call now with those detail ????

8. mikelegacy macrumors 65816

mikelegacy

Skype and Facetime will WORK bro.

They may skip and stuff at such a low upload speed though. It's not really a big deal man, the picture will just be a little choppy, the voice doesn't use near as much data and it should come through just fine.