Will 6+ put an end to texting and driving?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ET iPhone Home, Sep 20, 2014.

1. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

I really hope the 6+ puts an end to texting and driving here in O.C. and L.A., unless these people start driving with their knees and text with both hands.

2. illutionz macrumors 65816

Should be perfect accessories for self driving iCar

3. Ann P macrumors 68020

Haha a scary thought. I'm sure people will find ways. Driving and voice memoing! - which is just as dangerous.

4. Snot Rox macrumors 6502

Snot Rox

I saw someone using his 6 plus as they were pulling into a parking space at the gym today.

:rolleyes: people will find a way.

5. HXGuyAZ macrumors 6502

Honestly I think it's going to make it worse...not in the sense that it will get more peole texting and driving, but it'll make it more dangerous for the ones who already do because they will continue to try and the 6+ requires a lot more attention to hold and use one handed. Some items most people won't even be able to do one handed so I could see them taking their other hand off the steering wheel to use the phone.

6. darkfiber macrumors 6502a

darkfiber

If it's plugged into their car they can just say "Hey Siri" then "Send a text to (insert name here) saying (whatever message you want to send)".

7. ET iPhone Home thread starter macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

I thought the same. The 6+ would require more handling. This Korean woman was texting in the fast lane on the 5 FWY causing back up, oblivious to the cause and effect of her habits.