??? will 9.1 beta on iPhone pull "update" for watchos2 when it comes out?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by TomH TX, Sep 14, 2015.

1. TomH TX, Sep 14, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2015

TomH TX macrumors regular

I am running developer 9.1b1 on an iphone6+. I have held off on updating to watch os2 because of the inability to "go back". I have downloaded the "profile" to install the os2 gm, but have NOT yet installed it. I am wondering if I just wait 2 days until os2 gets officially released, will either the iPhone running 9.1 and/or the watch show an available update if I am on 9.1b instead of 9.0gm or 9.0final???? I would like to try os2 without getting on the watch os beta track if that is possible. In other words, will ONLY 9.0 see the watch os2 gm/final, and will 9.1b mandate that I go beta on the watch os? If 9.1b will not see or be able to use the os2 gm/final, I will just take the plunge with 9.1 and go beta rather than going back to 9.0 on the iPhone, because 9.1 runs so much better, at least on MY 6+.
    Thanks for responding.
    Tom

2. lagwagon Suspended

lagwagon

All you need to see watchOS 2 as an update is not be on anything below 9.0. Any version of 9 is sufficient. 9.0, 9.1, 9.2, 9.3, 9.999.9, it won't matter. Just as long as it starts with a 9.

3. TomH TX thread starter macrumors regular

Lagwagon - thank you. I will hang tight for 2 days until the official release, and see if it shows as available for me using 9.1b. Thanks.