Will a foreign iPhone 6s work with Verizon?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jetlagged, Sep 10, 2015.

1. jetlagged macrumors 6502

iphone 5 owner here since 2012. I'm thinking to upgrade to an iPhone 6s 4.7 but just have a few questions.
    I'm out of the country and currently traveling in South America until mid January, after that I'm heading to Southeast Asia. I'm with Verizon.

If I do decide to buy an iPhone 6s from let's say Singapore or Hong Kong for example, will it work with Verizon once I get back to the USA?

I think the 6s is worth the upgrade personally, but not in a rush to get one right away, but I would jump and buy one if I had access to an Apple Store, but not whole I'm here traveling in South America. It's so poor here they don't even have shopping malls.

2. KUguardgrl13 macrumors 68020

KUguardgrl13

If you can find a CDMA model that supports the correct LTE bands it should work fine. The only thing is that Verizon might still be weird with adding a phone from a different carrier. Previously you needed and already activated SIM card for it to work. I haven't heard if they've changed it.

You could also try finding a Verizon 6s/6s+ online. They generally sell pretty well on the secondary market since they're factory unlocked.