Will a jailbreak allow me to ......

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Herdfan, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Herdfan macrumors 6502

Turn off Voice Control/Siri?

I am a contractor and I have found an iPhone in a Lifeproof to be absolutely the best phone available except for one thing: Voice Control/Siri. I used to kill Razr's in about 6 months, a BB lasted 4 etc., yet my iPhones last for a full contract cycle.

The reason I want to be able to completely turn off VC/Siri is because I keep my phone in my front jeans pocket. Bending and lifting and just doing work related things tends to push the home button long enough to activate it. One day VC got turned on and thought I wanted to play music. I was loud at the site that day and before I realized it, I was at 30% battery and it wasn't yet noon. A belt holster is impractical as it would always be in the way.

So if I were to jailbreak my 4S, would I be able to completely turn off this function?

Thanks

2. r2shyyou macrumors 68000

r2shyyou

You may first want to just try turning Siri off in Settings > General > Siri > Siri=OFF. Don't know if you can turn off Voice Control.

3. Herdfan thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah, if Siri is OFF then Voice Control is ON. It's one or the other, but no both OFF that I have found.

4. r2shyyou macrumors 68000

r2shyyou

I see. As simple as it may sound, couldn't one option be to just put your phone in your pocket with the home button facing towards you? That way, I'd think there wouldn't be any way for the Home button to be pressed for any amount of time.

5. aDRock1154 macrumors 65816

aDRock1154

Well, the idea of a holster would just be silly..

How about something like this?

;)

Attached Files:

6. Herdfan thread starter macrumors 6502

I have tried it both ways. Both ways tend to push the button. :(

7. lelisa13p macrumors 68000

lelisa13p

How about some kind rigid pouch or a case that has a cover that would prevent accidental button pressure?