Will a LP154WP3-TLA2 LCD fit an A1260?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by shizzyraw, Aug 18, 2011.

1. shizzyraw, Aug 18, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2011

shizzyraw macrumors newbie

My A1260 got into a fight with a stair case and lost. I need to replace the glass but prices seem absolutely brutal right now, as in double the new unibody monitor brutal. After doing some digging I found this http://www.papatek.com/panel-154-inch/57181.html . No model # is given in the description but if you look at the pictures there is one with a sticker which has the model number of LP154WP3-TLA2 . I did some Goggling and found the monitor several other places that just said compatible with Apple Macbook Pro. Then I came here and used the search function and couldn't find anything definitive. I know the listing says it's compatible, but I'm a little leery given how difficult it is to find a second source to confirm. So, can any of you MacHead's help me out with this:confused:

2. kronic macrumors newbie

I have the same problem here.. The mac didn't fell, but the screen is all fuzzed up..
    I found the same monitor you are talking about, but dont know for sure if it will fit properly.
    The price diference is brutal..
    The cheapest i found was about 200 dollars, and this is around 100.
    I found several sites that say it is compatible with the A1226.
    But i also found sites that sell the LP154WP2-TLA2 and say it is compatible with the A1260 and A1226 series.
    I also found other brand LCDs that say for A1260 and A1226.
    The main diference in the model i believe is the CPU. Do not know if the LCD are diferent..
    Hope to get an awser too..
    Thank you in advance MacHeadz...