Will a MacBook Pro 13" be good for photo editing?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by lione27, Jun 24, 2014.

1. lione27 macrumors newbie

Ok, I'll "try" to make this short..

Im in serious need of buying a laptop. I'm currently own a desktop, and I do a lot of editing. Its mostly beauty retouching...so I'm constantly zooming in and paying close attention to details.

Now, I need a laptop to take with me, something on which I can edit my pictures when im not at home without a problem. I was wondering if the mac book pro 13 isn't enough. I deal with big sized pictures frequently. I'll just be using it for photo editing...surfing the web and music. No games.

I don't want the 15, because I also need portability since i will also need it for school, and its a bit pricey.
    [​IMG]
    basically...I want to know if when im not home, can I work thought a macbook pro 13 with no problem? I dont mind the small screen, if anything I can always plug it to a bigger monitor with no problem right?

thanks anyways!

2. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 604

Should be just fine

To be honest for photo editing it should be just fine and that retina screen is great for zooming in on photos. The only thing you may consider is 16gb ram if you are working on pictures with a large file size but the CPU should cope well.

3. Gpulvi macrumors member

Gpulvi

Well, I've just bought a retina MacBook Pro 15'', and the display is gorgeous! If you want to use it for photo editing, go for the retina 15'', the money difference between the top rMPB 13'' model and the base 15'' is not big, just 200 bucks and you get a bigger screen, a Quad core processor and a better graphics card. If you can, for another 200 you get 16 GB RAM, but 8 GB is enough for common tasks and Photoshop or Aperture use.