Will a replacement phone be updated to iOS4.3.5?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iMattcotv, Sep 11, 2011.

1. iMattcotv macrumors 6502

iMattcotv

My iPhone 4 home button is semi-working and its driving me insane.

"Double taps to open app switcher - Closes app accidently"
    "Ok ok itll work now - Double taps .... Shows spotlight"

[​IMG]

My question is, if I get the phone replaced, will the new phone be updated to 4.3.5?

I will be jailbreaking it (im on 4.3.3 untethered) and I cant stand tethered jailbreaks. Im hoping its on either 4.3.3 or 4.2.1 atleast..

2. aziatiklover macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

it depends on which Apple store u go to. The one that dont get as much customers as the big Apple store will most likely have older stock. 4-5 months ago my bro at could still get me some iPhone 4 running on 4.0.1 even tho the latest firmware was 4.3.

3. iMattcotv thread starter macrumors 6502

iMattcotv

& how new would the phone be?

I dont want to get my phone replaced by a phone that has a battery thats worse than mine already. -_-

4. Menge macrumors 6502a

Menge

I just got mine replaced. They gave me a refurb which came with 4.2.X. Unless Apple decides to update it right then and there before handing it over.

5. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

Odds are high you'll get a phone on 4.3.5. A number of people in the Hacks forum have exchanged for the same reason over the last month; most seemed to get 4.3.5.

Try this first: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1223292

You may need to repeat the process more than once, if your home button is pretty bad, but it's absolutely worth a shot. If it works, you've dodged a tethered JB. If not, all you're out is a bit of time.

6. iMattcotv thread starter macrumors 6502

iMattcotv

Shortly after posting this thread I read & tried that method.

It did fix the issue for the most part, but it still happens, & im not going to put up with it anymore.

7. aziatiklover macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

:apple: refurbished new if you never had experience with them so pretty new to me. I get my idevices exchange every year since 2007!