Will a SGP Neo Hybrid EX protect my iPhone 4S?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by shonor6, Nov 12, 2011.

1. shonor6 macrumors member

2. Munkypoo7 macrumors 6502

Munkypoo7

For six feet, just like that, I'd stay with the clunkier LifeProof, OtterBox Reflex / Commuter etc.

Bumper cases are more for looks and scratch protection than drop protection imo :/

3. More-TR macrumors newbie

More-TR

All SGP Neo Hybrid Series (and of course Ex Series too) will protect your iphone from drops. Silicone is one of the best materials that protects mobile phones. SGP cases have "High Polymer Coated Silicone" and "Matte UV Coated Strong and Flexible Polycarbonate Frame", so SGP cases can protect your phone with a slim looking :)

4. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020

The SGP cases look to be the sleekest. I'm looking for sleekness that will protect from a drop or 3 which happens to me quite often. Can anyone confirm that these cases will hold up to a solid drop and maybe skid across the pavement? Do they have a lip around the front to protect the front glass should it land upside down?

5. vivarey macrumors member

I picked up this case last night (in Gun Metal) at the official SGP office in Los Angeles. It fits the 4S perfectly. You'll need to buy the CDMA version. It feels very snug and I love the silicone layer between the plastic and the phone. I think it would fare well in a drop situation.

See the photos below. I like this case a lot, but I've decided to buy an aluminum case despite the potential reception problems. I have too many cases at this point, so I've decided to sell or trade this one. Anyone PM if interested.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020

excellent pics!

I'd be interested but I don't even have a phone yet and I'm nowhere near having one. Once I get closer if you still have it maybe we can work something out.

Thanks for the pics and review however. Do you have screen protector film on the front/back of your phone?

7. vivarey macrumors member

Yeah, I did use the supplied screen protector, which is okay. It feels a little "stickier" than the naked LCD screen, but there is no discoloration visually, as far as I can tell. I may upgrade to something a little more robust down the line.