Will a Sprint Paid in Full iPhone X work on Verizon?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Stayfly2407, Sep 21, 2017.

1. Stayfly2407 macrumors 6502

Stayfly2407

Heres the issue, I have Verizon but I use their prepaid. I always just buy phones at retail price which ill be doing next month as well. On Apples website and Verizons, they don't let you pay retail or anything if you have prepaid. (There is no option) and Tmobile and AT&T phones won't work on Verizon because of GSM/Cdma issue. So wifey has sprint, I was gonna log in using her number and our zip to just buy retail that way. Buuuuuut, will it work on Verizon network???

2. Stayfly2407 thread starter macrumors 6502

Stayfly2407

3. eyoungren macrumors Core

eyoungren

Yes. But you will have to ask them to unlock it first. That may be it's own headache.

4. Plut macrumors member

Your best bet would be to put your Verizon sim in it before powering it on for the first time. That way it never sees Spints network.

Apple says most of the iPhones they sell are unlocked.
    Quote from thier faq:

• Nearly all iPhone models sold on apple.com are “unlocked” — which means your iPhone isn’t tied to a single carrier. Your iPhone will only be tied to your carrier if you choose carrier financing from AT&T or Sprint.

5. Stayfly2407 thread starter macrumors 6502

Stayfly2407

6. DaveOP macrumors 65816

We did this last year, but it won't work with some Verizon account features. I was unable to add a Travelpass to a line with a Sprint iPhone 7, for instance.

7. Stayfly2407 thread starter macrumors 6502

Stayfly2407

What's a travel pass?

8. bufffilm Suspended

bufffilm

This is the correct answer.

Any other replies, like the immediate post following eyoungren' post are plain wrong.

9. EM2013 macrumors 68000

EM2013

If you purchase it full price from apple it will be unlocked. I bought a sprint iPhone 6 a while back at full price and used it with t-mobile, all I did was pop the t-mobile sim.

10. DaveOP macrumors 65816

If you ever roam with the phone, it's a cheap option. If I remember right, there were almost no international options on non Verizon devices (for us, YMMV).