Will a theme in iWeb 08 work in iWeb 09? (even though it was removed in 09)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by NXTMIKE, Feb 15, 2009.

1. NXTMIKE macrumors 6502

So, I've created a site with a theme in iWeb 08 that has been removed from iWeb 09. I've put a lot of work into customizing the theme, and iLife 09 is currently being shipped to me.

In iWeb 09, can I still maintain and build on this site even though the theme is not included anymore? And, if not, is there a way that I can find the theme data in Finder and copy and paste that into the theme data files in iWeb 09?

Thanks. :D

2. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

I don't have a direct answer to that as I have not gotten around to installing 09, but in other things that have new theme sets with each version, like iDVD for example, all previous themes are maintained and new ones added when the new app version is installed. I doubt you will have any trouble at all.

I have not seen the new themes you mention- but which one is no longer included?

3. NXTMIKE thread starter macrumors 6502

I believe it is called "Modern Frame" in '08

thnx

4. Ninja Guidan macrumors regular

Modern is still in there. I use it on my site. I just added a new page to it last week and I've been using iWeb 09 for a few weeks now.

http://web.mac.com/deewin

5. NXTMIKE thread starter macrumors 6502

thanks, but I believe you're wrong. In '08 there's a "Modern Frame" (the one I'm talking about) and a "Modern" (your site).

6. Ninja Guidan macrumors regular

Thought they were the same. My bad. I "think" I know which one you're talking about. Post a link to your site so I can take a look.

9:17 pm EST Dude...I just checked my iWeb 09. The Modern Frame theme is still there. Since I don't know how to post a screen capture to show you, I'll add a generic page with that theme to my site for a few days so you can see.

9:20 pm EST Check out the "about me" page.

7. NXTMIKE thread starter macrumors 6502

Oh, ok...well thats great. thanks.
    Screen capture on OS X: command, shift, 4 then select the area you want to capture. Or, to capture a whole window: command, shift, 4, space bar.

Anyways my iLife 09 arrived today, so I'm going to install it tomorrow and see what happens.

8. Ninja Guidan macrumors regular

Good luck.