Will a US iPad 2 (WiFi only) work okay in the UK?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by peanutismint, Oct 14, 2011.

1. peanutismint macrumors 6502

peanutismint

A friend is heading out to the States for Thanksgiving and I'm wondering about getting her to pick me up an iPad 2 while she's over there.

I'm just wondering if there's anything to note about using a US iPad in the UK? Obviously I'll have to buy a UK power supply, or is it like the Macbook plugs where you can just swap the pins out depending on which country you're in?

Also I'm only looking for a Wifi iPad, so no need to worry about mentioning different types of 3G etc if that were a factor.... Are there other things to take into consideration, like would it be locked to the US App store?? Or Anything else I haven't thought of??

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

It should work just fine in the UK. You could get a 3G iPad and use it on a local network. But only the AT&T 3G iPad.

3. Mac.World macrumors 68000

Mac.World

I lived in the east midlands and bought my iPads in the US. No issues, other than having to buy the UK plug adaptor.

4. doboy macrumors 68000

There should be no problem whatsoever; should even be covered under international warranty. The power adaptor is 100-240V so should only need to buy the "tip" only, not a converter. Also it will not be locked to US App store.

5. Mac.World macrumors 68000

Mac.World

Warranty is covered. I took all my US Apple products to the Cambridge store and never once had an issue.

6. peanutismint thread starter macrumors 6502

peanutismint

That sounds like a pretty universal answer - thanks guys, think I'll go for it!

I had hoped to wait for a new model to come out, possibly one with a higher-res Retina display, but that looks unlikely, plus from what I've seen of the iPad 2 the display is already pretty damn awesome.

7. Mac.World macrumors 68000

Mac.World

Oh wait. I just realised you are in Cardiff. Sorry, nothing works in Welsh-land. ;) j/k