Will a USBC - SD card MacBook dongle work?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by chfilm, Nov 1, 2018.

1. chfilm macrumors 68000

chfilm

The question is in the title. I’m wondering if a USBC hub that includes an SD card reader which I’m using for my MacBook Pro might work as a card reader on the new iPads?

2. Macalicious2011 macrumors 6502a

Be wary that although the new iPad Pros support USB C there are high restrictions on what devices, dongles or external drives will work with it.

You are better of waiting for tech sites and vloggers to conduct extensive tests for the benefit of buyers wishing to use their iPad Pro like a MacBook.

3. iapplelove macrumors 601

iapplelove

If it’s the Apple USB C to SD card reader it will import photos just fine if that’s what your asking.

4. Zeyphersan macrumors newbie

It’ll work for importing photos and videos into the Photos app, nothing else. But yes, the adapter would work.

5. chfilm thread starter macrumors 68000

chfilm

No that’s not what I’m asking, obviously the Apple one would work ;) I’m asking if a third party USBC hub with an additional SD card slot which was designed for the MBP might work on the iPad. But I guess we just have to wait and see.

6. ninjahaiku macrumors newbie

ninjahaiku

I’m wondering as well. Will my USBC dock have any functionality on the new iPad? Guess I’ll find out next week.

Attached Files: