will a verizon iphone 6 work with att or tmobile?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by K1ngkev1n1, Sep 12, 2014.

1. K1ngkev1n1 macrumors regular

Id like to know if it will work if i decide to switch to tmobile or att if i fully buy the phone. I know before with the iphone 5 models if you had a verizon iPhone you wouldnt get LTE if you unlocked it and used it with att or tmobile. I just want ot make sure if i switch to tmobile ill still get the max data speeds (lte) available with both att or tmobile.

also if i do it the other way get a tmobile iphone can i use it on verizon network if its unlocked without any drawbacks? thank you!

2. JohnRN macrumors member

JohnRN

:bump:

Curious about this as well (Verizon iPhone 6 on AT&T)

3. mikethebigo macrumors 68000

With the Verizon i6 you can use tmobile and AT&T, full LTE compatibility.

However you cannot use it with Sprint.

4. iamMacPerson macrumors 68030

iamMacPerson

No. To use a phone on Verizon, it's ESN has to be in their database. If it isn't, then it won't work. Same way with Sprint. In fact Verizon phones won't work on Sprints network and vice versa.

Now, the Verizon iPhone is fully and factory unlocked. Because the iPhone 5s and 5c (and presumably the 6 and 6 Plus) for Verizon are the same phones as the AT&T models and T-Mobile models (minus the fact that the CDMA radio is enabled and registered) because Apple increased the amount of LTE bands supported with the 5s and 5c. The original 5 for Verizon would work on AT&T and TMO but only at 4G (HSPA+ speeds). The 5c, 5s, 6 and 6 Plus will run at LTE speeds where available.

5. K1ngkev1n1 thread starter macrumors regular

Ok so if I'm understanding this correct if I get an iphone 6 Verizon fully paid. I and use on verizon att or tmobile without any restrictions (speed wise lte) or any other loss of capabilities right?

6. iamMacPerson macrumors 68030

iamMacPerson

Correct. This has been done by many with iPhone 5's and 5ses. The 6 and 6 Plus will be no different. For T-Mobile, you may need to change some network settings, and other will know about that. I don't believe it is needed however since TMO refarmed their network.