will A3 solve my iPhoto sharing issues?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Natural Science, Mar 24, 2011.

1. Natural Science macrumors newbie

Hi,

I searched for an answer and couldn't find it, so here goes: I just got a MBP to go along with our '09 iMac under the wrong impression from the Apple store I could keep the two machines virtually identical while leaving all of our files on the imac with the external HD running Time Machine. Obviously this isn't the case, and the real issues is with iPhoto (the thought process was being able to start a project downstairs, go upstairs and pick right up where I left off). The sharing option in settings is outrageously slow, and I saw A3 can merger and export library sections... would that solve the whole sharing issues? Pull a chunk of photos off of the imac into the MBP, put the book/calendar/slideshow together and simply merge them back together on the iMac, freeing up the space on the MBP?

This still certainly isn't ideal, but may provide a work-around. I'm hoping Lion server will fix all of these issues, but thought this may be a good road to travel in the meantime. I'm not educated in either computers or photography, but A3 seems like it may be worth the step up from iPhoto regardless, huh? Thanks for any feedback!:rolleyes: