Will Amazon get the iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by adamvk, Oct 24, 2012.

1. adamvk macrumors 65816

adamvk

I posted this in another section, but I got no replies. So....

I'm considering trading in my iPad 3 for an iPad Mini with Amazon's trade in service. When would Amazon start selling iPad Minis do you think? Obviously I won't get one on launch day, but is a week after that feasible do you think? Thanks!

2. Lindsford macrumors 6502a

The only time amazon ever sells iPads, are when they allow trade-ins of old ones and sell them through warehousedeals. I never understood it. They sell iPods, iMacs, Macbooks...but no NEW iPads directly through amazon

3. adamvk thread starter macrumors 65816

adamvk

So trading in my iPad to Amazon to get the Mini would be foolish? What about third party resellers on Amazon? Would they sell the iPad Mini pretty quickly?

4. Lindsford macrumors 6502a

They do and it's usually more expensive then the ipad through apple + tax. Plus you have to deal with third party resellers return policies. My advice is to sell it on Craigslist, bring a buddy or someone with you and do it in a Target / Walmart parking lot during the day. Then order through Apple... Or if you wanna avoid tax go through Macmall. They don't charge tax in some States.

5. Noisemaker Guest

I considered this as well. Almost did it last night until I realized that they don't carry iPads at all.

I popped it up on Craigslist and got the full amount in cash within 12 hours.

6. adamvk thread starter macrumors 65816

adamvk

Yea, Amazon sells the iPad. (Well resellers do.) Do you live in the States?

7. nizmoz macrumors 65816

Yea I need to know this as I want to sell the ipad to amazon and use the gift card to buy two minis.

8. Greg1103 macrumors newbie

If it says shipped and sold from amazon on the products page then your in luck. I also want to buy an iPad mini due to a giftcard from amazon. You can actually click on the different sellers name and check out the reviews which both the ipad 2 and 3 have. I'm hoping amazon will begin preorders soon and be the direct seller.