Will an Air be enough for me?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by jstntch, Dec 30, 2011.

1. jstntch macrumors newbie

Hi Everyone,

I’ve been reading the forum for a few weeks now. I’ve been considering getting a new computer. I currently have an HP laptop (4 years old) but since I tried a friend’s macbook pro I am amazed by how much smoother Apples run. I am considering getting a refurbished 11 or 13 inch Air (4GB/128GB flash). This will be my one and only computer. I do pretty simple stuff; mostly web browsing, word processing, and an occasional movie. I am also planning on using Dreamweaver to create a small ecommerce website.

Will the current Air be enough for me? Or should I wait for the update? Or should I consider a Pro or desktop? I’m not in a rush to buy.

Thanks

2. boy-better-know macrumors 65816

boy-better-know

It sounds perfect for you, you won't regret it, the Air is so nice to use.

3. jstntch thread starter macrumors newbie

I should also mention that I plan on keeping the computer for several years (3-4 years) before upgrading again.

4. chrf097 macrumors 68040

chrf097

If you're not in any rush, I'd recommend waiting to get an Air once they are refreshed with Ivy Bridge. But yes, the Air will fit your needs just fine and will easily last you.

5. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

+ a few months until they start showing up as refurbs.

If the occasional movie is on disc, remember that the MBA doesn't have a place to put it. Streaming or iTunes works well.

B

6. Sonhascome macrumors 6502

you should be fine with the air, should be a very good computer for you. I'd recommend getting an external drive for music and movies if you have alot of either.

7. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

An MBA is a great choice for your stated usage.

I'm really enjoying mine.