Will any imac run CS5

Discussion in 'iMac' started by ROGERWILCO357, Nov 26, 2011.

1. ROGERWILCO357 macrumors 6502

ROGERWILCO357

Well thinking of getting an Apple Imac for my photography needs and pair it with my MBP . Now will the entry level Imac run adobe's CS5 software without crawling? or Lightroom 3? Is there A paticular model I should look for maybe one with the fastest processor or will the dual core models work ? If you have one and use these software titles or are into photography which do you use?
    Thanks for any input appreciated
    Roger

2. simon567 macrumors member

I have the entry level 27" iMac and no problem running Photoshop CS5. It's still quite a powerful machine! If you're working with very large images, you may find it helpful to add some extra RAM, but that's cheap and very easy to do.

3. driftless macrumors demi-god

driftless

The iMac is a great machine for the CS5. +1 on the suggestion to go to 8 GB Ram.

4. dylin macrumors 6502a

dylin

Considering that the base model is already a quadcore. I think it would run relatively well

5. tmagman macrumors 6502

+1 on the RAM. With my original 4GB I would often be utilizing the full 4GB and slightly slower performance, with 8GB I nearly max out the RAM when simultaneously running PS CS5X and LR3, but it's still sitting with enough free to be doing other things while doing large renders (for me thats often 500+MB panorama shots)

6. ROGERWILCO357 thread starter macrumors 6502

ROGERWILCO357

thanks

just what I wanted to hear and yes I use do alot of work on RAW files large files, and would definitely max the RAM out to make sure it stays running smoothly it runs a little slow on 4gigs of ram on the MBP so figured it should rock on that nice big screen ...now to find a deal..

7. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

What part of CS5?

If you are talking Photoshop then it will have more than enough power. If you are talking After Effects you may want to consider something with a lot more hard drive space and more processors.