Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MikeTheVike

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 8, 2009
I was waiting to upgrade my 5 to a 6, but I'm not sure I like the larger screen. if I could get a 64GB 5S brand new that would be awesome. Would any stores still sell that and allow me to get subsidized pricing on it?

fort

macrumors member
Apr 13, 2011
Yes, stores definitely still have the 5s in stock. Not all stores will prioritize over the next year, especially the combination you may want, but yes, most will continue to stock it. This is based on history with Apple and most mobile carriers.

MikeTheVike

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 8, 2009
Just to calrfiy, I want a 64GB which is not a "new" configuration that is for sale. iPhone 5S new stops at 32GB so I would be looking for old stock. Didn't know if stores had to send that back to Apple or something.

rui no onna

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
Just to calrfiy, I want a 64GB which is not a "new" configuration that is for sale. iPhone 5S new stops at 32GB so I would be looking for old stock. Didn't know if stores had to send that back to Apple or something.
In general, I find retail Apple Stores just tend to clear whatever they still have on stock. Once that's gone, then that's that. I think it's still available online from carriers so if you want guaranteed availability, go that route.

Appl3FTW

macrumors 603
Nov 15, 2012
I think the reason op is asking is because officially apple stopped selling 64gb 5s... The highest 5s offering now is 32gb.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.