Will apple be selling 02 contracts on launch date?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dav465, Oct 11, 2011.

1. dav465 macrumors member

Hi,

My friend and I are going to be queueing for the iphone4s. He is an existing customer on 02 whereas I am not. Does anyone know if Apple will be selling 02 contracts on launch date and whether or not they will stick to(or have to abide by) 02's launch day policy of existing customers only?

(I.e Will I be able to get a contract on 02 through apple even though I'm not an existing customer with 02 on launch day).

All replies appreciated.

2. skiman macrumors member

3. dav465 thread starter macrumors member

aargh direct opposite response to people on other threads.
    Would it not be reasonable to assume 02 are protecting their stock whereas apple is open to all?

4. mohaa2 macrumors newbie

If you are an existing contract or business customer then yes, doesn't have to be an upgrade either, they can just add a new line to your already running contract

As for the existing customers but it's a gray area as my ex work colleague now works at my local o2 store and he rang them on my behalf and they said it's his discretion if they do new contracts on the 14th.

5. dav465 thread starter macrumors member

sadly got no contacts in 02 :( Kick in the ribs if I queue for hours and then get turned away at the door...make me look more foolish.

6. mohaa2 macrumors newbie

Suppose it really depends how busy your local store is cause they won't turn you away if the store is quiet, thas just silly of them, it is a business after all. If not the it'll have to be Saturday when it's open for all customers.

7. dav465 thread starter macrumors member

got to work on saturday sadly. Tempted to take it off but losing money to get something quicker sounds silly.

8. kaibex macrumors 6502

kaibex

I'm pretty sure that Apple will be able to set up up on a new contract, existing customer or not. Double check with them, but beware that they told me I could do my fast track upgrade with them, but O2 said otherwise.

If I recall correctly when I was queueing for my iPhone 4 last year, a few times reps were walking up and down the queue asking which networks people were signing up for. I think it was due to one of the networks going down under the strain of an iPhone launch! :D

9. dav465 thread starter macrumors member

nearly dont know if its worth queueing on the small chance I would get one on new contract, although it would be an interesting experience...

Replies still appreciated.