Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mulanzo

macrumors newbie
Feb 2, 2004
Hey everyone

Im typing this from my new apple keyboard on my pc! cool!

anyways im getting that pairing problem too and im runnin the wincomm 1.4.2.21 stack with the d-link dbt-120 which doesnt need to be cracked...however the constant pairing is ANNOYING.

can somebody explain exactly what it was they downloaded and how they got it to work? because i looked for those "sp2 windows xp stacks" and i couldnt find a thing.

also is there a way to use the keyboard in the bios? incase i need to change a setting before loading windows? thanks

btw...im TOTALLY switching to a pb15 albook the SECOND i have the dough!

thanks

Engagebot

macrumors regular
Dec 10, 2003
LSU - Baton Rouge
Re: Will Apple Bluetooth Wireless Keyboard work on my PC?

Originally posted by toughboy
in one of the recent post, I've asked about the bluetooth wireless keyboard which apple released, and one of the pals said that it will not work on any PC.. any comments on this?

one of the reasons I'm planing to buy a wireless keyboard is using it with my dual platforms, but if it wont work on my PC, then it's not logical to buy it..

on the other hand, I have a Microsoft Wireless intelli mouse plugged in my 12"PB and it works wonderful just like it does with my PC, why Apple's keyboard wouldnt???

i was using an apple pro keyboard (crystal and black) on my athlon 900mhz back a few years ago.

skyle

macrumors newbie
Dec 2, 2003
Mulanzo, couple of answers

Do you have "Don't pause for Keyboard errors" (or something like that) set in your bios? (I think that's the only way it will start up actually). How do you shut your machine down? The USB bluetooth dongle must have power provided to it after you power your machine down. I believe power is generally provided to usb ports even when the cpu is shut down (as long as the power cord remains hot. I'm using Xp Por SP1 w/ no probs.

mulanzo

macrumors newbie
Feb 2, 2004
WOOHOO!

everyone who cares,

i finally got it to work flawlessly with the WIDCOMM 1.4.2.21 drivers (the logitech bluetooth drivers)

i just realized that you have to turn the keyboard on AFTER windows loads, then hold down enter for about 4 or 5 seconds and then it will connect

SWEET!

thanks for all the help

Engagebot

macrumors regular
Dec 10, 2003
LSU - Baton Rouge
Re: Mulanzo, couple of answers

Originally posted by skyle
Do you have "Don't pause for Keyboard errors" (or something like that) set in your bios? (I think that's the only way it will start up actually). How do you shut your machine down? The USB bluetooth dongle must have power provided to it after you power your machine down. I believe power is generally provided to usb ports even when the cpu is shut down (as long as the power cord remains hot. I'm using Xp Por SP1 w/ no probs.

depending on the mobo/bios, some pc's USB and FireWire can still put out low-power when in sleep, but neither are powered when your pc is fully powered off. this is why iPods dont necessarily charge on FireWire when a PC is off or asleep. also you're optical mouse doesnt glow anymore when you're pc is off (but does glow faintly on low-power when you're pc is asleep so it can register a wake-up movement).

i actually have a USB cable with LED's in the clear connectors that light up when the bus is powered.

darragh

macrumors newbie
Mar 15, 2004
Dublin, Ireland
Apple Bluetooth Mouse

Hi,
I have a mitsumi Bluetooth adapter and Widcomm 1.4.2.10 on Windows 2000 and 98.
I can see my Apple Wireless Mouse, but I can't pair to it, the software asks me for a passkey and then fails to authenicate.

Has anybody else had succes in paring the mouse on Windows?

Thanks
Darragh

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.