Will Apple Cover my MBP Keybad

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dv3, Jul 6, 2008.

1. dv3 macrumors newbie

I closed my lid last night after watching a movie and woke up this morning to my "C" key a lil tilted and diving under my "D" and "F" key. The key is useable when u type hard but is obviously gonna fall off soon.

2. UltraNEO* macrumors 601

UltraNEO*

Take it to the AppleStore (provided they have stock) they'll replace the broken key without much hassle. I had five keys replaced in one seating, took less than a hour!! - Apple knows the white plastic bits under the keys will and do break!!

3. dv3 thread starter macrumors newbie

*grunt the closest apple store is like 2hrs away, i dont have the time or gas...
    thanks though

4. bc008 macrumors 68000

bc008

you could send it in..

apple really is very quick.
    if you get the box on monday you should have your computer back by friday

5. drewsof07 macrumors 68000

drewsof07

Ehh, they may declare this as "misuse" but you would definitely be at an advantage to just take it in the store and tell the genius exactly what happened. The keys are very rocky I know, you may want to explain that to them. If you are very nice and don't go in demanding things they will usually either fix you up in the store, or send it off if need be.

6. thecartoonguy macrumors 6502a

thecartoonguy

It may be worth it

Two hours is a drive. However, it may be worth it since your keys need a "tune up." I have replaced keys before and it was not a problem. Yet sending it in may result in someone saying "Hey this is abuse."

7. e12a macrumors 68000

e12a

they will replace it, whether by individual keys from spare keyboards they have in the back or by ordering an entirely new keyboard.

8. dv3 thread starter macrumors newbie

i think i'ma call apple tech tomorrow and see what it says... i upgraded my hardrive so i'm going to have to swap it out to the original right? just want to be safe

9. TwinCities Dan macrumors 603

TwinCities Dan

Double Parked out front of the Courthouse
    If you're up to it, it really isn't that hard to fix it yourself, very small pieces though, don't lose (break) them... ;)

10. TwinCities Dan macrumors 603

TwinCities Dan

Double Parked out front of the Courthouse
    Why? Does swapping HD's void Applecare? That seems a little extreme (but probably true :rolleyes:)

11. dv3 thread starter macrumors newbie

i think i read on here a couple of times that it does cause u open the chasis...if not then i can just send it in no problem...