Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Caliber26

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 25, 2009
Orlando, FL
I just bought my series 6 from Best Buy but their options were very limited. So now I have a watch with sport band that I have no use for. Would Apple allow me to swap it for another one of equal value at one of their stores?

jbachandouris

macrumors 603
Aug 18, 2009
Upstate NY
No. This has been already discussed in previous threads. The watch and the band are considered as one unit. They only allow a complete return and rebuy.

Many of us, myself included, thinks this is ridiculous, but that's the policy.

Reactions: Caliber26

Caliber26

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 25, 2009
Orlando, FL
No. This has been already discussed in previous threads. The watch and the band are considered as one unit. They only allow a complete return and rebuy.

Ah, thanks for the info. Agreed, this is a silly policy. Hopefully we will one day have the option to buy a watch without a band.

russell_314

macrumors 603
Feb 10, 2019
USA
Ah, thanks for the info. Agreed, this is a silly policy. Hopefully we will one day have the option to buy a watch without a band.
Would Apple even exchange the whole thing since he didn’t buy it from them? I don’t know about watches but Apple won’t take back computers that you bought from another store. You have to exchange it at whatever store you bought it from.

va1984

macrumors regular
Jan 27, 2011

This is incorrect. I swapped a band at the Apple Store on Fifth Avenue yesterday, in fact. They were very nice and they replaced a white sports band that came with the stainless steel watch I had just picked up with a green sports band.

The rules are, of course, that you must have purchased the watch/band combo from Apple and not from a third party reseller like Best Buy.
Also, the band in question must be the one that comes in a combo package but in its own separate packaging. For example, I have a Titanium watch which comes with a complimentary sports band inside the watch’s own package as well as the band that you selected when you ordered. You can swap the band you selected (in my case a nylon sport loop) but not the one that is complimentary to the watch. Also, I believe some kinds of bands cannot be swapped — apparently the new braided loops.

va1984

macrumors regular
Jan 27, 2011
I just bought my series 6 from Best Buy but their options were very limited. So now I have a watch with sport band that I have no use for. Would Apple allow me to swap it for another one of equal value at one of their stores?

See post above — the problem is that you bought from Best Buy, otherwise you’d have been able to.

russell_314

macrumors 603
Feb 10, 2019
USA
See post above — the problem is that you bought from Best Buy, otherwise you’d have been able to.
Yeah that’s why many retailers are able to sell Apple products cheaper than Apple. They don’t have to deal with returns and merchandise that they lose money on. Unfortunately when you buy something you’re also paying for that customer that just bought an item because he was bored then returned it because he really didn’t want it in the first place.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.