will apple do an exchange?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Brows, Sep 1, 2012.

1. Brows macrumors member

my wife managed to get a free ipad 2 by cashing in her save-on more points (canadian grocery store) it isn't here yet but anyways I was curious if i took it to an apple store (unopened) would i be able to trade it in for a new ipad if i paid the difference? anyone ever try anything like it?

2. thewitt macrumors 68020

thewitt

3. babens macrumors member

In the US they will only accept an item for return or exchange if it was bought through Apple (either online or at an Apple store). Anything bought from a third party needs to go through that store for returns or exchanges.

I can't imagine that this policy would not hold true in Canada.

4. supermarino macrumors newbie

While never trying it with an iPad, I've had success returning xbox/ps3 to local walmart and target stores without receipts. Certain electronic items require receipts, but depending on the guy behind the counter, you might luck out. For instance, I tried to return a memory card, and Walmart would not take it without a receipt, but Target did. They give store credit, and take your ID, so as to track how many of these returns you do. They limit it, I suppose to stop people from stealing from Store A to return to Store B for money.

If you're up in Canada, I'm hoping you got other stores of the sort that you can give it a try with. Just leave it unopened, drive around a bit, and good luck!

5. takezo808 macrumors member

Ipad 2 is still really good. It' can do pretty much everything that the retina one can but of course does not have the ultra HD screen.

I love my ipad 2.

i use it every day. Only noobs think ipad is a content consumption device. I can actualy do things more meaningfull, such as paying bills, managing my email, browsing the web while lying in bed ( try that with a laptop), remote desktop to my mac, edit home videos and photos, learn about the galaxy, see storms on doppler radar, ecomerce, etc.. For me the ipad is way more usefull than a net top.