Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

reyalP

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 10, 2012
Will Apple sell these the Nike bands specifically the Black Nike sport loop that comes on the Series 4 Nike edition Space Gray Aluminum watch?

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
I hope so. I was at Apple last night and they had it on display but had none in stock. Looks way better than the regular "black", which is more of a burgundy in reality.

djg22

macrumors newbie
Jul 27, 2014
Will Apple sell these the Nike bands specifically the Black Nike sport loop that comes on the Series 4 Nike edition Space Gray Aluminum watch?

I have one from my AW3 that I don’t wear, and I’d part with.

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
I have one from my AW3 that I don’t wear, and I’d part with.

The standard black sport loop which I have has flecks of other colours in it like red. The Nike black sport loop which use to be sold separately and has been discontinued was pure black. I was meaning to buy one myself as I don’t really like the standard one and never got around to it. I’m hoping they sell it again separately.

joscejrod

macrumors 6502a
May 16, 2015
I hope so. I was at Apple last night and they had it on display but had none in stock. Looks way better than the regular "black", which is more of a burgundy in reality.

Really interested in these differences. The nike sport band seems to be more gray than black. Isn’t it?
Do you think the reflective effect is going to be annoying when casual wearing at night?

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
Really interested in these differences. The nike sport band seems to be more gray than black. Isn’t it?
Do you think the reflective effect is going to be annoying when casual wearing at night?
Do I? No. No way to know for sure until I have a chance to try it though.

rennerarruda

macrumors member
Oct 2, 2014
Japan
Sorry, anyone that bought the Apple Watch Series 4 Nike with Black Sports Loop Band could make a review e post some photos here?
I'm interested in the new Sports Loop Band, but I wish I cloud see some photos and opinion of who has this model.

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US
Sorry, anyone that bought the Apple Watch Series 4 Nike with Black Sports Loop Band could make a review e post some photos here?
I have one but am returning it (switched to SBSS) so not really able to do any photos. They do have them on display in Apple stores (at least in the one's I've visited)

It's a black somewhat fuzzy band with a number of white threads embedded in the black fabric. These are the reflective threads, and in a little bit of messing with it they do seem to work -- though the reflectivity lessens as your viewing angle moves away from perpendicular -- my guess is due to the fuzziness of the band impacting off-angle visibility to the threads.

It seemed comfortable in briefly trying it out, but I didn't try it for a workout.

Edit: Looks like 9to5mac has a couple photos -- https://9to5mac.com/2018/10/05/apple-watch-nike-series-4/

Last edited:

rennerarruda

macrumors member
Oct 2, 2014
Japan
I have one but am returning it (switched to SBSS) so not really able to do any photos. They do have them on display in Apple stores (at least in the one's I've visited)

It's a black somewhat fuzzy band with a number of white threads embedded in the black fabric. These are the reflective threads, and in a little bit of messing with it they do seem to work -- though the reflectivity lessens as your viewing angle moves away from perpendicular -- my guess is due to the fuzziness of the band impacting off-angle visibility to the threads.

It seemed comfortable in briefly trying it out, but I didn't try it for a workout.

Edit: Looks like 9to5mac has a couple photos -- https://9to5mac.com/2018/10/05/apple-watch-nike-series-4/
Seeing the 9to5mac photos I can see the diference between the nike loop band and the normal loop band!

I will try to go to a Apple Store this weekend and see with my own eyes.

Thank you very much!

Reactions: deeddawg

supertomtom

macrumors 6502a
Sep 21, 2007
Gold Coast, Australia
I’d like a midnight blue sport band.

Have you looked into the Obsidian/Black Nike Sport Band? I just got mine last week, the colour is basically the same as the normal midnight blue sport band, and the holes are black. Looks great. It’s still available online but under “bands from previous collections” section.

Reactions: twanj

mdng10

macrumors newbie
Oct 9, 2018
Just seeing this thread now but I have a new 40mm Nike+ Summit White Sport Loop (reflective) that I'm looking to sell if anyone is interested. DM me if you want to see pictures.

techno-Zen

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2015
Gilbert, AZ
Have you looked into the Obsidian/Black Nike Sport Band? I just got mine last week, the colour is basically the same as the normal midnight blue sport band, and the holes are black. Looks great. It’s still available online but under “bands from previous collections” section.
Really? How do I find this other collection area?

supertomtom

macrumors 6502a
Sep 21, 2007
Gold Coast, Australia

Attachments

• 01118332-B7D4-4600-91A7-69ABEB1ADC84.jpeg
    01118332-B7D4-4600-91A7-69ABEB1ADC84.jpeg
    283.2 KB · Views: 400

kakaup

macrumors newbie
Dec 16, 2018
I have the new nike black sports loop 44mm. Can't decide if I like it or not.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.