Will Apple ever bother actually fixing the iPod app

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by foidulus, May 30, 2010.

1. foidulus macrumors 6502a

it is by FAR the buggiest piece of software on the iPhone, and Apple has pretty much done nothing to fix it, and in fact it seems to get worse every release.

I don't exactly have a huge library, but the thing crashes at least once a day despite the fact that I rarely use it, sometimes I have to reboot the entire iPhone to get it to come back, every time I sync I get a message for about 5 minutes that states, "Updating Library", and cannot use the iPod until its finished, and this is on a 32 gb 3gs.

Come on Apple, the original iPod was infinitely more responsive than the iPhone, despite being on vastly inferior hardware. It's like Apple doesn't really even seem to care that its a major bugfest. I think I'll go Android with the google music cloud for my next phone. At least they aren't more worried about arresting someone who found a prototype in a bar than they are about fixing bugs.

2. Mkz macrumors regular

Mkz

My only annoyance that I can think of is when you try to turn up the volume and it doesn't work, it just flickers/judders along. Only works when you lock and unlock your phone again..

Happens quite regularly.

3. deannnnn macrumors 68000

deannnnn

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3GS: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

You may want to consider a full restore. I don't seem to have any of those problems.

4. cal6n macrumors 68000

cal6n

I can only speak of my own experience but I've had most versions of the iPhone since firmware 1.1.2. I don't use the iPod app every day but I do use it regularly.

In all that time, I have not seen it crash. Not even once.

Perhaps there's something wrong with your iPhone, hardware wise...

5. angevil macrumors regular

Something is wrong with your phone.

I have been using iPod app every day and it has never failed me nor crashed. It′s perfect! I love it so much.

6. pellets007 macrumors 6502a

pellets007

It's definitely buggy. I've had it crash every now and then, but not nearly everyday.

7. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

As others have said, try a restore. I use the iPod app daily and have never had it crash. On my old iPod touch I used to have problems with badly encoded or converted music; it seems like the phone's software is not quite as good at handling non-compliant files.

8. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

Add me into the camp that votes for a restore. I've never had the iPod app crash on my phone.

9. sparrky macrumors 6502a

sparrky

I'm still waiting for video playlists! I had it on my 5th gen video iPod, but not on the touch or iPhone. I know there's a way to put videos into a music playlist, but I just want good old video playlists back.

10. eng42ine macrumors 68000

eng42ine

Have had the phone for a year, never had the iPod app fail, even when I jailbroke and the phone was seizuring constantly, the iPod app always worked..

11. labman macrumors 604

labman

I don't think I have had a single crash or problem with the ipod app! 3G or 3GS

12. vizkiz macrumors 6502a

vizkiz

I too, have never had the iPod app crash, I've been using an iPhone 3G for 22 months now. Whenever I've gotten a replacement, I've always restored from my backup, never setup as a new phone.

13. camarobh macrumors 6502

+1

14. tigres macrumors 68040

tigres

Mine never crashes on iPhone, nor does it crash while playing though the car stereo.

15. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

Can't you just do a smart playlist and have the criteria be "media kind" is "music video" (or whatever you're wanting to put in it)?

TBH, I had no idea you could do it either, though it was something I've been wanting to do for a while with a specific artist's videos. I just tried it setting it up and it appears to have worked.

16. Goldfrapp macrumors 601

Goldfrapp

Why do I have none of the above issues?

First time I hear.