Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

saintforlife

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 25, 2011
It has been broken for 7 months now. Forget the Apple Watch dev kit. Fix the basic issues first. Jeez...

saintforlife

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 25, 2011
Could you be more specific? I've noticed exactly 0 problems copying and pasting On iOS 8.

Sometimes I like to copy and paste paragraphs from articles when posting on online forums, but many times when I copy something and try to paste it, the paste animation disappears very quickly (less than a second) and it doesn't allow me to post the text that I have copied over. Sometimes it is almost a race between the animation disappearing and me hitting the paste button. I have never had this issue with any of the previous iOS versions and my work flow hasn't really changed at all.

Also in previous versions of Safari you could long press an image in an article and it would copy the URL of the image to clipboard. In iOS 8 it doesn't work at all. Long pressing does nothing. Very annoying.

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
Sometimes I like to copy and paste paragraphs from articles when posting on online forums, but many times when I copy something and try to paste it, the paste animation disappears very quickly (less than a second) and it doesn't allow me to post the text that I have copied over. Sometimes it is almost a race between the animation disappearing and me hitting the paste button. I have never had this issue with any of the previous iOS versions and my work flow hasn't really changed at all.

Also in previous versions of Safari you could long press an image in an article and it would copy the URL of the image to clipboard. In iOS 8 it doesn't work at all. Long pressing does nothing. Very annoying.

I don't have any of the issues you describe on both my iPhone 6 and iPad 2, both running iOS 8.1.3. Have you tried a restore and set up as new? Maybe you have a freak bug.

MarcusCarpenter

macrumors 6502a
Feb 18, 2013
London
I believe it's a Safari issue, seems to be fine everywhere else, i have too had this issue since 8.1 i think? Plus i have never OTA'd always done clean install no backup every time

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
Only ever has this problem on one install of 8.1.2, but since going to 8.1.3 and then back to 8.1.2 I've not seen it. I copy and paste a fair bit too.

Traverse

macrumors 604
Mar 11, 2013
Here
Yeah, I've had isses. The copy, paste, cut shortcut popover just vanishes and won't come back, but that's just iOS now.

Reactions: Spunkymunky

JoEw

macrumors 68000
Nov 29, 2009
Yeah I find this crazy they manage to not fix this by now.

Autosaver

macrumors member
Jul 24, 2013
iOS 8 is a pretty big mess honestly. I'm hoping iOS 9 will be the "definite" version of iOS 8.

KUguardgrl13

macrumors 68020
May 16, 2013
Kansas, USA
Yes I've just noticed this problem in 8.1.2 and now in 8.1.3.

You can report bugs to Apple here: https://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html

MikhailT

macrumors 601
Nov 12, 2007
I don't have any of the issues you describe on both my iPhone 6 and iPad 2, both running iOS 8.1.3. Have you tried a restore and set up as new? Maybe you have a freak bug.

Same here, I haven't notice any issues like that in Safari or any other apps. I did do a clean install of iOS 8 on my iOS devices, so that might be the reason.

BrettApple

macrumors 65816
Apr 3, 2010
Heart of the midwest
Experienced this myself tonight. Left some feedback FWIW.

Clean DFU restore of 8.1.3 and set up as new on an iPhone 4s. Dang copy/paste box kept disappearing. Then not selecting what I was wanting to select, or changing words. I want my iOS 6 or 7.1 back, lol.

iamMacPerson

macrumors 68040
Jun 12, 2011
AZ/10.0.1.1
It has been broken for 7 months now. Forget the Apple Watch dev kit. Fix the basic issues first. Jeez...

Ok so I'm not the only one with CCP issues. Glad I'm not alone. It's really annoying. The other issue I have is when I'm editing a post or entering a multi-line paragraph in Safari, if I have to scroll up the courser gets stuck on screen and acts like its floating. Very annoying. It's been present in every build of iOS 8 I have used no matter the device. Never happened on 7 or 6... or 5 or 4 or hell OS 3 when CCP was introduced (at least not for me).

s2mikey

Suspended
Sep 23, 2013
Upstate, NY
Yeah, I've had isses. The copy, paste, cut shortcut popover just vanishes and won't come back, but that's just iOS now.

Yes. Seems random though. Just when I'm sure it won't work, it does. Not a disaster but rather annoying nonetheless. They ought to take care of it.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I'm not a huge copy/paster on my iPhone but so far, I've not run into any issues myself. Doesn't seem to be at the disaster proportion AFAIK

Small White Car

macrumors G4
Aug 29, 2006
Washington DC
In Safari, if I want to copy a word, it selects the whole box.

This is an issue that pre-dates iOS 8 and I think it has something to do with the way the pages are coded since it happens on some sites and not others.

Doesn't matter, though. Apple needs to figure out how to adapt for that because it makes their phone look bad even if it's the website's fault.

And as for the OP's specific issues, yup. All true.

WilliamG

macrumors G3
Mar 29, 2008
Seattle
Could you be more specific? I've noticed exactly 0 problems copying and pasting On iOS 8.

Uh. Do you copy and paste ever? Just try copying and pasting any post on this forum thread in mobile view on your iPhone. It selects the whole box. It's so bugged actually on Macrumors that after trying a few times the page starts scrolling up by itself. Repeated several times so it's not a fluke.

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains
This is an issue that pre-dates iOS 8 and I think it has something to do with the way the pages are coded since it happens on some sites and not others.

Doesn't matter, though. Apple needs to figure out how to adapt for that because it makes their phone look bad even if it's the website's fault.

And as for the OP's specific issues, yup. All true.

I have an iPad3 (iOS6) that I was able to replicate this on but it took a bit to find websites that cause this.
Conversely, on my iPad Mini 2 iOS8, I can replicate this easily.

Something changed in 8 that made this much more predominate.

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
Uh. Do you copy and paste ever? Just try copying and pasting any post on this forum thread in mobile view on your iPhone. It selects the whole box. It's so bugged actually on Macrumors that after trying a few times the page starts scrolling up by itself. Repeated several times so it's not a fluke.

Not so!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.