Will Apple ever introduce more advanced gaming?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pkoury, Aug 1, 2008.

1. pkoury macrumors member

I have had the iPhone since the day the new 3G model released. I absolutely love the thing and have found a use for almost every major feature included.

Given the fact that games are the majority of the App store, I pose the question "Will Apple ever focus on something more advanced for gaming?"

XBox and PS3 and great and all but honestly I would love to complete my collection of Apple products by ending the night playing some awesome game on my Apple videogameconsoleX.

I have seen some other threads posted about it but nothing to really ever come of anything. Maybe I missed something though. I think with all the attention the App Store is drawing in from developers of this game and that game, they might consider expanding on this market?

What are your thoughts?

2. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

I have always said that I expect games to really take off after the first year of development on the iPhones

I didn't expect any outstanding new generation games on the iPhone when 2.0 first came out nor should have people expected that

But, sooner or later there will be a few really exceptional games that push the limits of the iPhones capabilities

3. ThEgg macrumors newbie