Will apple ever let us pick themes?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by michael31986, Aug 6, 2008.

1. michael31986 macrumors 68030

you know how when people jailbreak they change icons and etc and wallpapers, do you think apple will ever make its own themes that we can choose from?

part of me says i hope not, because then its more bugs and i like the classic "everyone has the same icon look"

but still it would be cool.

2. trunksu macrumors 6502

a long time ago i would have said no. But after seeing the jailbreak themes in person, i have to say i really really really hope so.

i'm sure everyone is happy with the default way the phone looks but it's also really nice to be able to add some "individuality" to the phone. to me it's no different than rearranging the icons.

3. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

I hope so, as I still want LCARS to turn my iPhone into a PADD.

TEG

4. kjs862 macrumors 65816

kjs862

I don't think so, and I hope not. I like it how it is.

5. NiroshanMan macrumors 6502

highly doubt it, apple doesn't want us to customize too much, i feel like its going to as far as wallpaper, nothing more nothing less

6. trunksu macrumors 6502

even if apple did allow us, it doesn't mean you actually have to change the default theme :p

7. ViViDboarder macrumors 68040

ViViDboarder

Apple spends a lot of time on their design. Look at Leopard. Even with Apple OS for desktops they don't give you much design change. How big do you want your dock? What wallpaper do you want? Screensaver? Blue or grey? That's it.

They don't have third party vendors. Every computer looks the same from the outside, they want it to look the same from the inside. So someone sees it and goes "That's a _________" Rather than, what kind of computer/laptop/phone is that?

8. DeaconGraves macrumors 65816

DeaconGraves

While Apple might offer it someday, I for sure wouldn't use it. The themes I've seen are fuuuuuuuugly. :)

9. soberbrain macrumors 65816

soberbrain

I doubt it, too. Since Apple doesn't have much visual customization built into OS X for Macs.

I'm just glad they put thought into the simple and effective layout and design of OS X or else I'd want to change it, too.

10. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I'd love that as well.