Will Apple ever make a "black" and "white" MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Anthony T, Mar 18, 2013.

1. Anthony T macrumors 6502a

Does anyone think Apple will ever make white and black versions of the MBP like they have for the iPhone and iPad? I mean, it would make sense. As long as they can somehow correct the scuffing issues with the black versions...

They may not even have to change the color of the aluminum...instead just back the border around the screen and the keys white instead of black, and you'll have a "white" version. Although it does bother my OCD that my current MBP is not the same color aluminum as my black iPhone 5. The white iPhone almost matches better.

2. Queen6 macrumors 603

Queen6

If Apple move to a composite material for the case i could see it happening, although the aluminium is very much an Apple signature for it`s Mac line, so i doubt any time soon.

3. bitfidelity macrumors member

No, because a black chassis with white or black keys would look hideous. The design of the rMBP is perfection, and the only thing I would change is getting rid of the glowing Apple logo.

4. karpich1 macrumors regular

They seem to be quite happy with Aluminum now. At one point, Al was reserved for the pro-lines while the regular products were plastic (iBook, MacBook, iMac, etc).

Personally I would just want something that "felt" solid. The resin that Lenovo uses feels pretty strong, while some Dells I've handled felt like Fischer Price toys.

So if they went back to resin / plastic for one of their lines, I'd be OK so long as it was strong.

5. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

I'm not sure how it "makes sense" any more than it "makes sense" for their entire product line to be uni-body brushed aluminum.

6. karpich1 macrumors regular

My only problem with plastic laptops would be: if they're white.

A couple of white iBooks/MacBooks I recall using or seeing... they would get scratched. No big deal, except for the scratches would get dirty and practically stain. So you'd have a white laptop with gray and beige streaks across it.

On an iMac, it didn't matter much because how often does THAT get scratched. But a white plastic laptop is a scratch magnet.