Will Apple ever make its way into cars?

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by AustinD, Mar 21, 2008.

1. AustinD macrumors regular

Now that Apple is in the phone game, will the make a 'sync' type automobile interface?

Im not sure what all it does, but i just saw a lincoln car commercial and got to wondering. Discuss.

2. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

there have been rumors to this effect for a while, but who knows!

also this is in the wrong forum...

3. AustinD thread starter macrumors regular

Ah, sorry about the thread placement. Not sure where it would go and this seemed pretty varied.

4. Luis macrumors 65816

Luis

There have been rumors, but I'm skeptical. Although I won't bet on it, since many people said that Apple would never get into the MP3 or Phone market and look what has happened.

5. yoyo5280 macrumors 68000

yoyo5280

Boy I hope so!

Imagine it! you have FrontRow with a GPS option and all this car stuff. You can purchase music off the wifi of starbucks while your in the drive-threw, and it would sync with you iPod/iPhone/Mac perfectly!

Next to the (multi) touch screen would be similar buttons to the one of the remote now (of course look will be different depending on make of car) and you can still control it from the wheel!

w00tw00t!

6. AustinD thread starter macrumors regular

Oh yes. Beautiful multi-touch gestures would create an amazingly entertaining way of distracting yourself into a car crash. :D

7. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Didn't Apple and Jaguar partner up to design the interface in the new XF (the replacement for the S-Type)?

I could have sworn Jaguar said something to that effect when it was unveiled...

8. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

A car company would have to be stupid not to team up with Apple on a integrated solution. I would be willing to bet that Apple is already working with someone in the background.

jon

9. yoyo5280 macrumors 68000

yoyo5280

at least you die happy