Will Apple ever update the shuffle look?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by I-Bot, Sep 16, 2008.

1. I-Bot macrumors member

I-Bot

I've been wondering this question for quite a while now because as soon as this clip shuffle had been released in 2006, the only news about the shuffle is new colors and nothing has been revealed about a new revamped look, now I know that we aren't having a new one this year but are we ever going to have a new shuffle or has apple just decided that they found the perfect look for a shuffle which they'll stick with?

2. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

really the shuffle cant be changed all that much. Whats left to change while still tying it into the ipod theme?

if anything id expect to see them fade from the ipod line. People know they can get VERY cheap mp3 players with no features, theres almost no reason for it to be a shuffle.

3. TheCreator macrumors member

I'd like to see a very tiny screen that atleast scrolls and shows the song name or something.... I guess we'll have to wait and see.

4. Madness macrumors regular

i still have a 1st gen shuffle , which i prefer over the clip clip one ... anyways what could they change ?

n if they added a screen to it ... itll be a nano "almost"

5. Lesser Evets macrumors 68040

Lesser Evets

Nah - big doubts on that one. I think the shuffle is what it will settle on for a long time. It's just a Happy Meal toy for induction to the Apple ladder of products. If smart they'll get that 1GB down to $29 sometime soon and load up the colors on the exterior. The design is quite excellent for exercise freaks and kids.

6. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

IF that were to ever happen, itd have to be the best damn OLED screen out there for anyone to care, but then that would just make it an older nano.

7. Moriarty macrumors 6502

There is basically nothing that can be changed about the Shuffle. It's already incredibly tiny, thin, and light. All it needs is Apple Lossless playback (honestly... who would store 500 songs on a screenless iPod at 128kbps? that's insane... no way to navigate at all) and some more price drops.