Will apple exchange broken ipad 2 (screen) with the new ipad (3)?

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by miladsafa, May 3, 2012.

1. miladsafa macrumors newbie

I recently shattered my ipad2 screen by accidentally kicking it while trying to stop it falling from the kitchen counter, (it works perfectly though) now that I have to possibly pay £250 for a replacement OOW service, I was wondering if apple would keep the shattered ipad and give a discount on the new ipad (3)? its just a thought, anyone heard of anything like this, or would it even worth a shot or is it going to make me look like a fool at the genius bar tomorrow?:D

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

3. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

4. miladsafa thread starter macrumors newbie

I forgot to mention the fact that im more than willing to pay the difference, would they consider this?

5. tristis macrumors newbie

I don't think putting an new iPad screen in an iPad 2 is a good option. The new iPad has a bigger battery and a few other changes to help run the new screen.

6. TheWheelMan macrumors 6502a

TheWheelMan

He doesn't want to exchange the screen, he wants to exchange the 2 for a 3 because he broke the screen.

7. aeiron macrumors member

8. Kralledr macrumors member

Apple will Not do this , only if they Not have any iPad 2 to replace yours

9. LostSoul80 macrumors 68020

LostSoul80

Go to an Apple Store with your iPad and ask. That's your best choice.

10. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Actually, nobody on the board here can tell you what Apple will or will not do with certainty

Every Apple Store and individual Genius has been known to make exceptions, bend rules, offer special service, etc. under certain circumstances

Your only way to know for sure is to take it to the Apple Store and inquire there directly with them

11. poloponies macrumors 68030

In the US there's a recycling program where you can turn in your iPad for a gift card, even if it's not working, but they won't give you much for it, about $70 for an iPad 2. And even then it's not cash on-the-spot, they mail you a gift card.