Will Apple exchange my iP4s???

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by fuzion11, Oct 16, 2011.

1. fuzion11 macrumors 65816

fuzion11

I purchased the new iP4s in Canada on Friday at ROGERS...I've been having weird issues with it. It'll turn itself off sometimes for no reason. It has happened twice so far. After paying $800 or close to, I really feel I deserve a decent unit.

My question is...since I purchased this at Rogers will Apple exchange this phone if I go into their store today??? Of course I'll call Rogers first, but I doubt they'll have any left over until later next week when they receive more units. So will Apple exchange this unit, even though it wasn't purchased there? Do I have to make an appointment or can I just walk in??

Also another weird occurrence that happened is my battery died completely yesterday, I plugged it in and it took almost 25-30 minutes for it to turn back on...I've had iPhones for years now and it's never taken that long...I'm not really concerned with that issue though as the battery is still new....I'm just really concerned with the powering off on its own thing.

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Can't your return the phone to Rogers and then buy it from Apple?

Because I'm pretty sure Apple cannot take back a device they did not sell unless you are looking for a warranty exchange.

3. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Sounds Like You Got A Lemon

As to taking it to Apple or the store you got it from, not sure how it works in the US, but here Apple would change it. Don't delay, it's a lemon and you need to get it swapped out.

4. fuzion11 thread starter macrumors 65816

fuzion11

The issue with that is I sold my old iP4 for $450 last week and directly put that money onto my Rogers bill as they charge the price of the phone to the bill...otherwise I'd probably would just do that. I don't want a refund, only an exchange.

Yes I agree, it's a lemon...kinda sucks though, I hate getting lemons...I sure hope they'll exchange it for me.

So can anyone confirm or deny this 100%? Maybe someone that's done it in Canada before who purchased from a carrier??

Thanks everyone!

5. fuzion11 thread starter macrumors 65816

fuzion11

Well I've restored the iPhone and hope Apple will exchange it for me today at a store level...I'll let you all know what happens in case anyone else needs to know in the future.

6. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

I work for Rogers...there will be no issue if you take it to an Apple store. It's a warranty exchange, not a refund. :)

7. fuzion11 thread starter macrumors 65816

fuzion11

Hey DI7, thanks for the response. I tried to exchange my device at a Rogers store yesterday...the rep told me it's their policy to not exchange units, as they don't know if they'll be water damaged or not? Needless to say I was pretty piss*d off...yet on my receipt it states returns within 15days or 30mins....So then I called Rogers C/S and requested an exchange, that douche bag told me it would cost me another $35 just to have a phone sent out....I so wish my hands and his neck could have had lunch.

So now I'm only left with going to Apple...called 4 stores within my area and all were sold out...hopefully be able to exchange it today...if they have stock that is.

8. melman101 macrumors 68030

You should just make an appointment with the Genius Bar and take it in and see what's up. They probably will exchange it for a unit in a brown box, which is most likely still a new phone. I don't think they'll have many refurbs yet.

9. fuzion11 thread starter macrumors 65816

fuzion11

Thanks Melman...is it absolutely necessary to make an app first though? Or can I just walk in??

10. ubercool macrumors 6502a

ubercool

They're usually too busy with appointments to take walk-ins, so make one. Actually, download the Apple Store app, it's very cool because they will page you as you walk around the store. :cool:

11. fuzion11 thread starter macrumors 65816

fuzion11

Well everyone, after the fiasco on Sunday, I called Apple yesterday, one girl told me I MUST make an app to have the phone looked at...they were booking later in the week.

Anyhow, I walked in the store an hour later, walked up to the first guy I seen, explained what was happening....kinda lied and said I needed my phone to leave for vacation tomorrow (although, I'm sure they hear that one all the time)...so the guy found a genius. The genius looked it over and swapped me out a new phone within a couple minutes.

All in all, I'm very satisfied with the service I received...always, always, always deal with a man when you need something done fast! haha
    Women love to stick the rules to ya! lol

12. fjrabon macrumors regular

Doesn't matter who you talk to on the phone, man or woman, if you call they'll tell you that you have to make an appt. If you walk in, they may say you should have made an appointment, but they will help you out if somebody is available.