Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Will Apple finally bring Siri to OS X in 2016?

• Yes

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 4 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ra4oasis

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 10, 2010
It's long overdue, and a simple question. Will OS X finally get Siri in 2016? I realize this is total speculation, so just polling the masses to see what you think.

Reactions: antman2x2

Ebenezum

macrumors 6502a
Mar 31, 2015
I'm curious why adding Siri would be good idea?

OS X and iOS have completely different user interfaces and I don't see how Siri would be beneficial on OS X.

For the record in my opinion Apple has added far too many features from iOS to OS X already, very few of them are beneficial. METAL has some potential (that is assuming majority of developers will eventually support it which isn't certain).

antman2x2

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2011
New YAWK
I'm curious why adding Siri would be good idea?

OS X and iOS have completely different user interfaces and I don't see how Siri would be beneficial on OS X.

For the record in my opinion Apple has added far too many features from iOS to OS X already, very few of them are beneficial. METAL has some potential (that is assuming majority of developers will eventually support it which isn't certain).

I somewhat agree. But there are times when I'm using my computer where id like to tap a button and say "Text Message ebenezum- How are you today" or simple things like "Hey siri whats the weather like" I think there is certainly a use for siri on the desktop.

Ebenezum

macrumors 6502a
Mar 31, 2015
I somewhat agree. But there are times when I'm using my computer where id like to tap a button and say "Text Message ebenezum- How are you today" or simple things like "Hey siri whats the weather like" I think there is certainly a use for siri on the desktop.

I haven't tested but I think this might be possible already using speech recognition in Automator action?

Adding Siri to OS X would likely lead to more bugs and feature bloat if Yosemite and El Capitan are any indication...

ra4oasis

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 10, 2010
I don't get the correlation between adding Siri, and bugs in the OS. I've ran into hardly any issues at all with Yosemite or El Capitan. Personally I'd love for "hey Siri" functionality in OS X.

Reactions: antman2x2
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.