Will Apple find out that the iPod was jailbroken? (Warranty)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by lioli, Dec 2, 2011.

1. lioli macrumors newbie

Hello!

Today I went to a shop retailer from Apple to have my iPod Touch repaired.
    I only had an issue with the home button which was suddenly difficult to press...

The device was jailbroken and following other people's advice I restored it today before taking advantage of my warranty.

The shop assistant behind the counter asked me whether it has been restored yet. I thought to myself that it'd be better not to lie because Apple would find out easily...so I said yes.

The shop assistant discussed whether or not to offer me a whole replacement with his colleagues for a while because the shop doesn't repair iPod Touches - just replacements.

They'll now send my iPod to Apple to replace it with a new one.

What do you think? Will Apple check the iPod for tracks of a jailbreak before sending me a brand new device?
    I mean the home button is such a tiny issue. Nearly ridiculous for a replacement...

2. GeniusJon macrumors regular

They can't tell. Once its restored, all traces of the previous jailbreak are gone.

3. Chi-mex macrumors member

They probably wont because ur problem is a bit more on teh hardware side than the software side. if it was more on teh software then u might be in some trouble. but like GeniusJon said, restore wipes the ipod. I highly doubt they will even turn the ipod back on.