will apple fix my broken in-ear apple earphones??

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by backinblack875, Nov 2, 2011.

1. backinblack875 macrumors 6502a

backinblack875

i bought the apple in-ear headphones under a year ago, and the right earphone does not work anymore, the controls do however. If i take it into the apple store will the fix it for free?? if not how much?? thanks.

2. Rolvag macrumors regular

Rolvag

Seeing that they are out of warranty, I would say no. But there is no harm in going to the Genius Bar, being super nice, saying please and hoping for the best.

3. Gin Gin macrumors regular

Gin Gin

The warranty is 1 year on these isn't it? OP said he bought them less than a year ago, so it should be all good.

OP, Apple won't repair them, they'll just give you a new pair.

4. backinblack875 thread starter macrumors 6502a

backinblack875

will i need a receipt or something tho??? cuz i don't have one

5. ArcAngel66 macrumors regular

I went without one. Guy just told me to just go grab a new set, so I did then just walked out.

6. MayBee macrumors 6502

are those the earphone that come with it? gosh, those are terrible...if I didn't throw it away, I would have given it to you.

go to monoprice.com and you can get them for like $2.

7. backinblack875 thread starter macrumors 6502a

backinblack875

no they are the IN-EAR(silicone tips) ones apple sells separately. they cost about $70 or $80

8. MayBee macrumors 6502

ic..
    good luck...

9. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

Yeah u do need a receipt so they could see how long it has been. The in-ear ones have like 1.5 years warranty or so.

10. lozanoj83 macrumors 6502a

lozanoj83

Before continuing I must ask, is your iPhone under warranty? (Applecare or Limited)
    If so, you have two options:
    1. File an online service request at http://depot.info.apple.com/
    Submit your iPhone serial number and you will see that one of the accessories covers is the in-ear headphones, among others. They'll put a CC hold for a couple of days, and when you return your old set they'll take it away.
    2. Apple Store
    As others have said you can go to an Apple Store. It's a hit and miss with this one (from personal experience). Some reps are amazing and will gladly replace it for you, others like telling you that "no receipt, no warranty" when in fact the iPhone warranty covers Apple made accessories. Usually telling them you can do it online, so they should do it in store makes them do it. Keep in mind your mileage may vary.

My advice? Go online. No need to drive in store and have a hit or miss witha genius or anyone else there.

*I've re-read the limited warranty terms, and it seems that they only cover the included accessories, but reading further into it they also cover Apple branded accessories*

11. backinblack875 thread starter macrumors 6502a

backinblack875

i just got the iPhone 4s, so ya, ill try that thanks

12. michacle macrumors newbie