Will Apple fix this?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by S600MBUSA, Dec 23, 2007.

1. S600MBUSA macrumors regular

My 2.4 gHz, 15 inch MB Pro was purchased in July, and a few weeks ago, I noticed some spots on the wrist-rest. From further research, it appears to be pitting in the aluminum.

I have a feeling some of you might flame me for asking about a warranty fix for a cosmetic issue, but I'm curious if Apple would be willing to replace the top wrist-rest assembly on my Macbook Pro.

If Apple won't replace this under warranty, about how much will it cost to have this replaced by an Apple authorized servicer?

2. iToaster macrumors 68000

iToaster

Probably not, and to have it replaced will cost a lot.

3. S600MBUSA thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah, I figured they wouldn't. I would imagine the only way it would go through is if I found just the right person and/or raised enough noise, but that still may not be enough. I may take it down to an Apple store after Christmas just to see, but I won't have my heart set on a replacement.

I'll most likely just end up getting some wrist-wrest protector to hide the current damage and prevent anymore. Out of sight, out of mind, right?

4. liquidh2o macrumors 6502

Yes, they will replace it. There's quite a few people who have had the same problem and Apple has been quick to resolve it. A search for "pitting" on here or the apple support forums will give you a lot of info. if you're interested in further research.

5. byakuya macrumors 6502a

byakuya

if you are looking for some protection for the palmrest I can recommend the palmguards by moshi (my personal review)
    I only tested the mb version but can imagine that the mbp version is good also.